We Are Hiring!
Communications, Outreach & Special Projects Coordinator
We are looking for a self-directed, creative and highly motivated individual to join our team to help raise greater awareness and financial support for FLT and achieve conservation project goals. The new Communications, Outreach & Special Projects Coordinator position will be directly responsible for developing and managing FLT’s communications, outreach and fundraising events in collaboration with the Executive Director and other staff. The position will also assist in the management and coordination of special conservation and recreation projects and provide assistance in the stewardship of FLT’s conservation easement properties. This position will be a critical component of FLT’s success in reaching long-term goals for the organization, and will help conserve our most important land and water resources for future generations.
• A minimum of a B.A. or B.S. college degree.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Creative and strategic thinker.
• Community minded with strong interpersonal “people” skills.
• A self-starter with the ability to initiate and follow through on new programs or projects and engage with new people.
• Strong desire to help accomplish the conservation goals and mission of Flathead Land Trust.
• Several years of experience in communications, marketing, brand development, website design and management, social media strategies and marketing analytics.
• Experience in planning and coordinating nonprofit community outreach events and activities.
• Experience with fundraising, membership development and cultivation of new organizational support.
• Experience with land use and conservation preferred; private land conservation experience is excellent but not required.
• Coordination skills including planning and project management. Experience working with staff, board and a diverse set of stakeholders to set goals and achieve them.
• Experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, website platforms such as WordPress, social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, donor database management, and graphic design programs.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with partner organizations.
Position Duties: This position supports many of Flathead Land Trust’s functions. The right candidate will be able to manage their time between the following duties.
Communications, Outreach and Development (70%)
• Raise awareness, help create advocates, and build new donor support for Flathead Land Trust.
• Develop and execute a communications and outreach plan in coordination with the Executive Director.
• Develop and execute community outreach events and marketing strategies in collaboration with Executive Director and other staff.
• Develop, coordinate and manage annual fundraising event in collaboration with Executive Director and Board of Directors.
• Lead social media engagement for the organization.
• Develop and help draft content for monthly e-newsletters.
• Develop new website and re-branding plan in coordination with Executive Director.
• Market and raise awareness for FLT’s events, fundraisers, conservation projects and programs.
• Draft press releases and coordinate with local media resources in collaboration with Executive Director.
• Prepare website and social media posts and give public presentations to build awareness for FLT activities.
• Develop content and articles in collaboration with staff twice annually for FLT’s ViewPoints newsletter.
• Develop promotional materials in collaboration with Executive Director including annual report, case statement and brochures.
• Support grant writing, donor cultivation, and new membership development in collaboration with the Executive Director.
• Perform donor related administrative duties such as membership appeal mailings, database entry, donation receipts, and thank you cards.
• Support the maintenance and management of the donor database and mailing list.
Special Projects Management (20%)
• Coordinate with various community stakeholders and assist Executive Director in efforts to develop a Bigfork Area Recreation Plan.
• Assist Executive Director and project partners in the planning and management of the Bigfork-Harrell Forest Community Trails project.
• Assist with long-term Harrell Forest land management and recreation management needs.
• Engage with the public and help build support and financial resources for the Bigfork-Harrell Forest Community Trails project and Bigfork Area Recreation Planning effort.
• Assist Executive Director and other staff in the development and management of future “special projects” that provide direct community and conservation benefits.
Conservation Easement Stewardship (10%)
• Assist Stewardship Director as needed in the annual monitoring and stewardship of FLT’s conservation easements.
• Includes administrative duties such as reporting and filing, possible field duties associated with monitoring conserved properties, as well as meeting and communicating with private landowner partners.
Compensation & Benefits:
Flathead Land Trust is an equal opportunity employer offering this full-time, hourly position (40 hours/week). The rate of compensation will start at $19 – $21/hour, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include a matching contribution towards Simple IRA Plan, partial payment toward employee health insurance, as well as ten paid holidays and fifteen days of paid vacation per year with increases after four years of employment.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their cover letter, resume and three references to:
Paul Travis, Executive Director at [email protected] or mail to Flathead Land Trust, P.O. Box 1913, Kalispell, MT 59903.
Deadline for receipt of applications is April 8, 2022.