July is Open Land Month in Montana
In July, people from across Montana and locally here in the Flathead are invited to observe the first ever Montana Open Land Month.
Flathead Land Trust is partnering in this month-long celebration which offers a chance to reflect on all that open land represents: our agricultural heritage, vast outdoor recreational opportunities, clean water, diverse wildlife habitat, scenic splendor, tremendous economic benefits, a vibrant tourism industry, freedom to roam and so much more!
Anyone and everyone is encouraged to get involved. Here’s how:
- Check out the Montana Open Land Month Facebook community page—like it & invite others!
- Check out the events calendar and map activities and celebrations around the state that celebrate open space.— Or add your own: plan an event.
- Share the Big Sky! Share your open land experiences using images, words, video:
- Tag interesting stories, posts and thoughts using #openlandmt.
- Participate in the July #mymontana photo blitz! Randomly selected posters will be selected for weekly prize drawings.
- Post your open land activities, photos, messages to facebook.com/openlandmt
Find out more at: openlandmt.org.